Ford Motor Company employees and retirees are encouraged to purchase or Red Carpet Lease vehicles through the Ford Motor Company New Vehicle Purchase Plans - "A-Plan" and "Z-Plan."
These plans offer dealer net invoice pricing to Ford Motor Company employees (A-Plan) and retirees (Z-Plan), as well as their eligible family members. Eligible employees include:
- All active full- time hourly employees and regular salaried employees, beginning with their date of hire.
- All hourly retirees receiving a normal, early (regular or special) or disability retirement benefit, as long as any medical benefits are being received.
- Salaried retirees who retired under the General Retirement Plan, including salaried employees who terminate between the ages of 50- 55 and who are eligible to receive certain deferred retirement benefits, are eligible while they are receiving benefits.
- Surviving Spouses of employees who died while actively employed and Surviving Spouses of retirees who retired under the General Retirement Plan, or who are receiving benefits under the Ford- UAW Retirement Plan.
- Employees on an approved leave of absence, for the duration of the leave or until expiration of any medical benefits.
- Employees on layoff for the first 12 months of the layoff.
- All regular part- time hourly and salaried employees who are eligible to receive medical benefits.
- Members of the immediate family of the above. "Immediate family" means the following relatives of the employee or retiree:
sons and daughters (including in- laws and step- children)
brothers and sisters (including in- laws, half and step)
same- sex domestic partners covered under the health care plan (same as it is defined for health care coverage in the "Salaried Employee Benefit Bulletin #152", dated June 8, 2000.)
Immediate family members of eligible same- sex domestic partners (same as it is defined above)
Employees of approved subsidiary companies and approved affiliated companies as eligibility is defined at the time of approval.